Communities Also Named Canyon Creek ...
We have found four communities that share the name Canyon Creek.
Within Alberta, the name Canyon Creek is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another four communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Oconee County
- This Canyon Creek is located in Oconee County and lies 2,112 miles [3,398.9 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Creek
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Oconee County community of Canyon Creek.
- Madison County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Idaho community of Canyon Creek [Madison County].
- Lewis and Clark County
- This Canyon Creek is located in Lewis and Clark County and lies 603 miles [970.4 km]<1> to the south southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Creek
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Lewis and Clark County community of Canyon Creek.
- Collin County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Texas community of Canyon Creek [Collin County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Canyon Creek ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Driftpile (26 miles [41.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Driftpile
- Driftpile lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the west of Canyon Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Driftpile came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Driftpile
- Widewater (4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Widewater
- Widewater lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the east of Canyon Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Widewater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Widewater
How Far From Canyon Creek to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Canyon Creek to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Canyon Creek and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 140 miles [225.3 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Canyon Creek to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,834 miles [2,951.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 105 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,160 miles [9,913.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,924 miles [11,143.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,043 miles [8,115.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Canyon Creek
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Canyon Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Canyon Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Canyon Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Canyon CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Canyon Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.3667, Longitude: -115.0833 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Canyon Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Canyon Creek to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.103 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.347 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.899 degrees.||