Curious and Interesting Names Near Bushe River 207 ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- High Level (3 miles [4.8 km] to the northwest)
- Paddle Prairie (40 miles [64.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paddle Prairie
- Paddle Prairie lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the south of Bushe River 207
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paddle Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paddle Prairie
- Rocky Lane (28 miles [45.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Lane
- Rocky Lane lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Bushe River 207
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Lane
How Far From Bushe River 207 to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bushe River 207 to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bushe River 207 and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 367 miles [590.6 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Bushe River 207 to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 21 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 15 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,936 miles [3,115.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,994 miles [9,646.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,754 miles [10,869.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,918 miles [7,914.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bushe River 207. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bushe River 207) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bushe River 207. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bushe River 207Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bushe River 207. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.4877, Longitude: -117.0577 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bushe River 207 to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.68 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.352 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.664 degrees.||