Our Genealogy Helper for Bretona ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Bretona (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Bretona. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bretona:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Bretona ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bretona.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bretona covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Colchester Cemetery
- South Haven Municipal Cemetery
- Our Lady of Peace Cemetery
- Glenwood Memorial Gardens
- Ellerslie St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Vital RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Vital RC Cemetery
- St. Vital RC Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Bretona.
- St. Vital RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Vital Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Vital RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382395<1>
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Heimtal Moravian Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- The Chevra Kadisha Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.To be precise, Chevra Kadisha Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Bretona.
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edmonton Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2278096<1>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.More accurately, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Bretona.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639338<1>
- St. Anthony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony Cemetery
- The St. Anthony Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.St. Anthony Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Bretona.
- St. Anthony Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2272708<1>
- Clover Bar Cemetery
- Continue List (75 more) ...
- Rosehill Cemetery
- Edmonton Municipal Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Bretona.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bretona. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bretona.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Bretona
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bretona. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bretona) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bretona. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4333, Longitude: -113.3333 |