Our Genealogy Helper for Boscombe ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Boscombe (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Boscombe. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Boscombe:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Boscombe ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Boscombe.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Boscombe covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Willow Grove Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Boscombe.
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2506733<1>
- St. Paul RC Cemetery
- Sideview Cemetery
- Rife Anglican Cemetery
- Fork Lake Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the west of Boscombe.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery has also been known as:
- Paraskevia Cemetery
- St. Paraskovia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paroskovia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paroskovia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church Cemetery
- St. Laurent RC Cemetery
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michael Cemetery
- The St. Michael Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Myrnam.To be more precise, St. Michael Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km] to the south of Boscombe.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michael Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2531916<1>
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Elk Point West Cemetery
- Continue List (14 more) ...
- St. John United Church Cemetery
- Holy Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Family Cemetery
- The Holy Family Cemetery is located in Bonnyville.To be more accurate, Holy Family Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the east of Boscombe.
- Holy Family Cemetery has also been known as:
- Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Family Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Family Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2417442<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Boscombe. See our List of 1890's Communities around Boscombe.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Boscombe. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Boscombe) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boscombe. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1528, Longitude: -111.4300 |