Our Genealogy Helper for Bircham ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bircham (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bircham. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bircham:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Bircham ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bircham.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bircham covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Zion United Cemetery
- Acme Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Bircham.
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Swalwell Cemetery
- Mt. Davis Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Three Hills Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Bircham.
- Three Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Hills Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2233201<1>
- Continue List ...
- Sarcee Butte Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosebud Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Bircham.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Carstairs.To be precise, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km] to the northwest of Bircham.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Meehan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meehan Cemetery
- The Meehan Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Trochu.To be precise, Meehan Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the north of Bircham.
- Meehan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Old Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meehan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2514217<1>
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Bircham.
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Public Cemetery
- Trochu Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2516820<1>
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Wimborne Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bircham. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bircham.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Bircham ...
While our initial data about Bircham came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Bircham in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Bircham.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
SPV's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America - Western Canada
(Available from Amazon.com)
Written by: Walker, Mike
Published by Steam Powered Video (SPV), 2006
for Bircham. See our Misc Page for Bircham for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bircham. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bircham) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bircham. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BirchamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bircham. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4500, Longitude: -113.4167 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|