Curious and Interesting Names Near Bezanson ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bear Lake (24 miles [38.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Lake
- Bear Lake lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Bezanson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Lake
- Crooked Creek (17 miles [27.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked Creek
- Crooked Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Bezanson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crooked Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked Creek
- Sexsmith (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Sturgeon Heights (29 miles [46.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sturgeon Heights
- Sturgeon Heights lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Bezanson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sturgeon Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sturgeon Heights
- Teepee Creek (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Teepee Creek
- Teepee Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Bezanson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Teepee Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Teepee Creek
How Far From Bezanson to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bezanson to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bezanson and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 227 miles [365.3 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Bezanson to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,962 miles [3,157.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 112 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,221 miles [10,011.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,982 miles [11,236.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,128 miles [8,252.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bezanson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bezanson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bezanson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BezansonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bezanson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.2288, Longitude: -118.3659 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bezanson to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.792 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.363 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.185 degrees.||