Our Genealogy Helper for Beiseker ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Beiseker (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Beiseker. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
A Few Details for Beiseker ...
While it's still very early in our research, we have found that:
- The community of Beiseker was founded in 1908.
- It was incorporated as a village in 1921.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Beiseker:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Beiseker ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Beiseker.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Beiseker covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Zion United Cemetery
- Acme Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Acme Cemetery
- The Acme Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Acme.More precisely, Acme Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Beiseker.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2295690<1>
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Beiseker.
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Swalwell Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Mt. Davis Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Carstairs.To be precise, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the northwest of Beiseker.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Three Hills Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Beiseker.
- Three Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Hills Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2233201<1>
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Beiseker.
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery has also been known as:
- Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Rockyview Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131236<1>
- Continue List (27 more) ...
- Carstairs Cemetery
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Sarcee Butte Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Beiseker. See our List of 1890's Communities around Beiseker.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Beiseker
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beiseker: www.beiseker.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beiseker) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beiseker. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeisekerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beiseker. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.3833, Longitude: -113.5333 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|