Curious and Interesting Names Near Beaverlodge ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodfare came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodfare
- Goodfare lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Beaverlodge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodfare
- Kelly Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kelly Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelly Lake
- Kelly Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Beaverlodge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelly Lake
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> to the northeast of Beaverlodge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tomslake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tomslake
- Tomslake lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaverlodge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tomslake
How Far From Beaverlodge to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Beaverlodge to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Beaverlodge and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 264 miles [424.9 km]<2> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Beaverlodge to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,005 miles [3,226.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,238 miles [10,039.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,998 miles [11,262.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,154 miles [8,294.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beaverlodge: www.beaverlodge.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beaverlodge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beaverlodge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Beaverlodge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beaverlodge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.2000, Longitude: -119.4500
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Beaverlodge to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.685 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.367 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.939 degrees.||