Curious and Interesting Names Near Bearberry ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Condor
- Condor lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Condor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dickson
- Dickson lies 28 miles [45.1 km] to the northeast of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dickson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpound
- Dogpound lies 34 miles [54.7 km] to the southeast of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpound
- Eagle Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Hill
- Eagle Hill lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the east of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Hill
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferrier
- Ferrier lies 36 miles [57.9 km] to the north of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferrier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge
- Lodge lies 35 miles [56.3 km] to the north of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raven
- Raven lies 23 miles [37 km] to the northeast of Bearberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raven
- Rocky Mountain House
- Spruce View
- Water Valley
How Far From Bearberry to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bearberry to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bearberry and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 131 miles [210.8 km] to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Bearberry to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,819 miles [2,927.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,377 miles [10,262.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,143 miles [11,495.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,230 miles [8,416.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bearberry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bearberry) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bearberry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8500, Longitude: -114.9000
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bearberry to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.934 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.878 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.379 degrees.||