Our Genealogy Helper
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Battle Bend (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Battle Bend. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Battle Bend:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
Cemeteries Near Battle Bend ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Battle Bend.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Battle Bend covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are listed based on their distance from Battle Bend, with the one closest to Battle Bend listed first.
- Fairfield Cemetery
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- High Mound Cemetery
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast)
- Merna United Church Cemetery
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Alliance Cemetery
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the west)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Alliance Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Alliance.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alliance Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Alliance Cemetery
- Brown Family Cemetery
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brown Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brown Family Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Brown Family Cemetery
- Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Merna Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
(18 miles [29 km] to the northeast)
- Lakeview Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Galahad Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Lougheed Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Lougheed Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Lougheed.
- The Lougheed Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lougheed Village Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lougheed Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Lougheed Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #1968319 <1>
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Markham Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Coronation Town Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the south)
- Castor Memorial Cemetery
(23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Battle Bend. See our List of 1890's Communities around Battle Bend.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Battle Bend. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Battle Bend) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Battle Bend. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Battle BendOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Battle Bend. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4341, Longitude: -111.4443 |