Our Genealogy Helper for Armena ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Armena (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Armena. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Armena:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Armena ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Armena.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Armena covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery
- Swan Hills Cemetery
- Bethlehem Cemetery
- Wilhelmina Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Exaltation Of The Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Valleyview Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Armena.
- Valleyview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Camrose Cemetery
- Valley View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valleyview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2190604<1>
- Our Savior Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Savior Cemetery
- Our Savior Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Armena.
- Our Savior Cemetery has also been known as:
- Our Savior Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Stephens Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Savior Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2373300<1>
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Armena.
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moland Lutheran / Old Hoyme Cemetery
- Old Hoyme Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Kingman Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Kingman Cemetery
- Kingman Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Armena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingman Cemetery
- New Sarepta Moravian Cemetery
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Armena.
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Crooked Lake Cemetery
- Crooked Lake Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Continue List (87 more) ...
- Roseland Cemetery
- Skafse Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Skafse Cemetery
- Skafse Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Armena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skafse Cemetery
- St. Stanislaus RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Armena. See our List of 1890's Communities around Armena.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Armena. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Armena) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Armena. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArmenaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armena. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1215, Longitude: -112.9487 |