Our Genealogy Helper for Ardley ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Ardley (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Ardley. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ardley:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
Cemeteries Near Ardley ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ardley.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ardley covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are listed based on their distance from Ardley, with the one closest to Ardley listed first.
- Delburne Cemetery
(5 miles [8 km] to the south)
- Great Bend Cemetery
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Tail Creek Cemetery
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tail Creek Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tail Creek Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Tail Creek Cemetery
- Lousana Cemetery
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Alix Cemetery
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Alix Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Alix.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alix Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Alix Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2298412 <1>
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Tees Cemetery
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Trenville Cemetery
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Erskine Cemetery
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Mirror Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Lakeview Cemetery
(18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- The Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fenn Cemetery
- lake View Cemetery
- Lakeview / Fenn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2641255 <1>
- Elnora Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Elnora Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located less than 2 miles<3> to the north of Elnora.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Elnora Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Elnora Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #1968317 <1>
- Continue List (18 more) ...
- Liberal Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Alto Reste Cemetery
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.
- The Alto Reste Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alto - Reste Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2131209 <1>
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the south)
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ardley. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ardley.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ardley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ardley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ardley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArdleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ardley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2605, Longitude: -113.2326 |