Our Genealogy Helper for Ardley ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Ardley (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Ardley. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ardley:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Ardley ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ardley.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ardley covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Delburne Cemetery
- Great Bend Cemetery
- Tail Creek Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tail Creek Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tail Creek Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tail Creek Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Ardley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tail Creek Cemetery
- Lousana Cemetery
- Alix Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alix Cemetery
- The Alix Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Alix.To be more accurate, Alix Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Ardley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alix Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2298412<2>
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Ardley.
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Holy Trinity Cemetery
- Pine Lake Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2445412<2>
- Tees Cemetery
- Trenville Cemetery
- Erskine Cemetery
- Mirror Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Ardley.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fenn Cemetery
- lake View Cemetery
- Lakeview / Fenn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2641255<2>
- Elnora Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Elnora Cemetery
- The Elnora Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located less than 2 miles<1> to the northwest of Elnora.To be more accurate, Elnora Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the south of Ardley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elnora Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968317<2>
- Continue List (42 more) ...
- Liberal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Liberal Cemetery
- Liberal Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Ardley.
- Liberal Cemetery has also been known as:
- Liberal Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liberal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2432001<2>
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.Stated another way, Alto Reste Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Ardley.
- Alto Reste Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alto - Reste Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<2>
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Ardley.
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Arthurvale Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Arthurvale Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2352586<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ardley. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ardley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Ardley
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ardley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ardley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ardley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArdleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ardley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2605, Longitude: -113.2326 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|