Communities Also Named Anzac ...
We have found two communities that share the name Anzac.
Within Alberta, the name Anzac is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- British Columbia
- This Anzac lies 461 miles [741.9 km]<1> to the west.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anzac
- New Mexico
- Cibola County
- This Anzac is located in Cibola County and lies 1,484 miles [2,388.3 km]<1> to the south.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anzac
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Cibola County community of Anzac.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Anzac ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Anzac, Waterways is located 20 miles [32.2 km] to the Northwest
How Far From Anzac to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Anzac to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Anzac and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 222 miles [357.3 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Anzac to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,690 miles [2,719.8 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,024 miles [9,694.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,790 miles [10,927.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,885 miles [7,861.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Anzac. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anzac) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Anzac. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AnzacOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anzac. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4501, Longitude: -111.0440 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Anzac to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.805 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.742 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.898 degrees.|