When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Andrew.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Andrew. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Andrew.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- John G. Diefenbaker Intl. (YXE/CYXE)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXE ICAO: CYXE
- Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport lies 262 miles [421.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Andrew.
- Official website: https://skyxe.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 57 miles [91.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Cold Lake Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEN5)
- Lloydminster Airport (YLL/CYLL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Chipman Airport (FAA ID: CFU3)
- Chipman Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman Airport
- Two Hills Airport (FAA ID: CEL6)
- Two Hills Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills Airport
- Vegreville Airport (FAA ID: CEV3)
- Vegreville Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vegreville Airport
- Edmonton / Josephburg Airport (FAA ID: CFB6)
- Edmonton / Josephburg Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Josephburg Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Tofield Airport (FAA ID: CEV7)
- Tofield Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tofield Airport
- St. Paul Airport (ZSP/CEW3)
- Cooking Lake Airport (FAA ID: CEZ3)
- Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Andrew.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Andrew. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Andrew), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Andrew) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Andrew. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Andrew
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Andrew. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8807, Longitude: -112.3351