When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Alliance.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Alliance. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Alliance.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
- John G. Diefenbaker Intl. (YXE/CYXE)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: YXE ICAO: CYXE
- Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport lies 215 miles [346 km]<2> miles to the east of Alliance.
- Official website: https://skyxe.ca/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatoon / John G. Diefenbaker International Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Alliance.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
- Lloydminster Airport (YLL/CYLL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Forestburg Airport (FAA ID: CEF6)
- Forestburg Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Alliance.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forestburg Airport
- Castor Airport (FAA ID: CER2)
- Castor Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Alliance.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castor Airport
- Hardisty Airport (FAA ID: CEA5)
- Hardisty Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Alliance.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardisty Airport
- Killam - Sedgewick Airport (FAA ID: CEK6)
- Killam - Sedgewick Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Alliance.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Killam - Sedgewick Airport
- Coronation Airport (YCT/CYCT)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alliance. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Alliance), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alliance) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alliance. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alliance
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alliance. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4360, Longitude: -111.7845