Our Genealogy Helper for Aldersyde ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Aldersyde (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Aldersyde. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Aldersyde:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Aldersyde ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Aldersyde.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Aldersyde covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mt. View Mennonite Cemetery
- Okotoks Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Highwood Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Aldersyde.
- Highwood Cemetery has also been known as:
- High River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highwood Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2180755<1>
- Davisburg Cemetery
- Blackie Cemetery
- Frankburg Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Frankburg Cemetery
- Frankburg Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Aldersyde.
- Frankburg Cemetery has also been known as:
- Frankburg Mormon Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frankburg Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2404290<1>
- Dalemead Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dalemead Cemetery
- Dalemead Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Aldersyde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dalemead Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- The Chevra Kadisha Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Calgary.Stated another way, Chevra Kadisha Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Aldersyde.
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery has also been known as:
- 37th Street Cemetery
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Memorial Chapel Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2263707<1>
- Jewish Memorial Chapel Cemetery
- St. Cecilia RC Cemetery
- Nanton Town Cemetery
- Burnsland Cemetery
- Continue List (18 more) ...
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- St. Marys Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Marys Cemetery
- St. Marys Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Aldersyde.
- St. Marys Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Marys Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Marys Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2149969<1>
- St. Mary's Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Aldersyde. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aldersyde.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Aldersyde
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aldersyde. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aldersyde) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aldersyde. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AldersydeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aldersyde. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6833, Longitude: -113.8667 |