Our Genealogy Helper for Alcurve ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Alcurve (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Alcurve. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Alcurve:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Alcurve ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Alcurve.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Alcurve covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Marwayne Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Marwayne Cemetery
- The Marwayne Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Marwayne.Stated another way, Marwayne Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the west of Alcurve.
- Marwayne Cemetery has also been known as:
- Marwayne Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marwayne Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2306576<2>
- Albion Cemetery
- St. Luke's Anglican Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican / Tring Cemetery
- St. Barnabus Anglican Cemetery
- Holy Rosary RC Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Lloydminster Cemetery
- Dewberry Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dewberry Cemetery
- Dewberry Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Alcurve.
- Dewberry Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dewberry Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2231682<2>
- Paradise Hill Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Paradise Hill Union Cemetery
- Paradise Hill Union Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the east of Alcurve.
- Paradise Hill Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Paradise Hill Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Hill Union Cemetery
- Frog Lake Cemetery
- Butte St. Pierre / Paradise Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Butte St. Pierre / Paradise Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Butte St. Pierre / Paradise Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Butte St. Pierre / Paradise Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Alcurve.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Butte St. Pierre / Paradise Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Alcurve. See our List of 1890's Communities around Alcurve.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alcurve. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alcurve) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alcurve. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlcurveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alcurve. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5167, Longitude: -110.0500 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|