Our Genealogy Helper for Acheson ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Acheson (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Acheson. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Acheson:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Acheson ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Acheson.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Acheson covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Acheson.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169828<2>
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Acheson.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<2>
- Edmonton Municipal Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.To be more accurate, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Acheson.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639338<2>
- St. Anthony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony Cemetery
- The St. Anthony Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.Stated another way, St. Anthony Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Acheson.
- St. Anthony Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2272708<2>
- Beechmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beechmount Cemetery
- Beechmount Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Acheson.
- Beechmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Beechmont Cemetery
- Beechmount Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beechmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2205652<2>
- Rosehill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosehill Cemetery
- Rosehill Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Acheson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosehill Cemetery
- Inga Community Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- The Chevra Kadisha Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.More accurately, Chevra Kadisha Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Acheson.
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edmonton Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2278096<2>
- St. Michael's Cemetery
- Peace Cemetery
- Continue List (67 more) ...
- Heimtal Moravian Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Ellerslie St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Acheson. See our List of 1890's Communities around Acheson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Acheson
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Acheson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Acheson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Acheson. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AchesonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Acheson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5458, Longitude: -113.7799 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|