Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Fairbank, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Fairbank and the surrounding area.
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Laramie County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Laramie County
Communities Also Named Fairbank ...
We have found seven communities that share the name Fairbank.
Within Wyoming, the name Fairbank is unique.
Beyond Wyoming, we know of another seven communities that are located throughout in the United States and Canada. Of these seven communities, five are located in the United States and two are in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Cochise County
- Please visit our profile page for the Arizona community of Fairbank [Cochise County].
- Buchanan County
- Please visit our profile page for the Iowa community of Fairbank [Buchanan County].
- Talbot County
- Please visit our profile page for the Maryland community of Fairbank [Talbot County].
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Please visit our profile page for the Newfoundland and Labrador community of Fairbank.
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Ontario community of Fairbank.
- Fayette County
- Please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Fairbank [Fayette County].
- South Dakota
- Sully County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the South Dakota community of Fairbank [Sully County].
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Laramie County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Laramie County: www.webgate.co.laramie.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Fairbank could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.