Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Shannon.
Our newspaper information for Shannon is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Shannon. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Shannon. Our list contains 60 papers that were published within 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> of Shannon.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Shannon.
Newspapers Neighboring Shannon ...
The following newspapers were published within 11 miles [17.7 km] of Shannon.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Shannon.
- Published In Martins Ferry [Belmont County] ...
- Ohio Valley News (from 1872)
- The Daily Times And The Daily Leader (from 1942)
- The Daily Times (from 1925)
- The Evening Times (from 1892)
- The Martin's Ferry Times (from 1881)
- The Times-Leader (from 1943)
- Published In West Alexander [Washington County] ...
- The Saturday Evening Call (from 1895)
- Published In Elm Grove [Ohio County] ...
- Published In Wellsburg [Brooke County] ...
- Brooke County Record (from 1928)
- Brooke News (from 1937)
- The Daily Herald (from 1897)
- The Pan-handle News (from 1868)
- The Spokesman (from 1935)
- The Wellsburg Brooke County Daily Herald (from 1964)
- The Wellsburg Democrat (from 1866)
- The Wellsburg News (from 1914)
- Wellsburg Brooke County Herald (from 1971)
- Wellsburg Times (from 1921)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Published In Wheeling [Ohio County] ...
- We know of 39 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Wheeling. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Wheeling
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> of Shannon. This extended list includes all the papers from Wheeling. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Shannon
- Published In Mount Pleasant [Jefferson County] ...
- Jefferson Gazette (from 1825)
- Philanthropist (from 1817)
- The Philanthropist (from 1817)
- The Philanthropist (from 1817)
- The Village Banner (from 1835)
- Weekly Historian (from 1823)
- Published In Bellaire [Belmont County] ...
- Bellaire Daily Leader (from 1913)
- Bellaire Independent (from 1870)
- Daily Independent (from 1879)
- The Bellaire Democrat (from 1888)
- The Bellaire Herald (from 1885)
- The Progress (from 1893)
- Published In Mingo Junction [Jefferson County] ...
- Published In Smithfield [Jefferson County] ...
- Smithfield Independent (from 1876)
- Smithfield Times (from 1883)
- Published In Claysville [Washington County] ...
- Claysville And McGuffey Recorder (from 1975)
- Claysville Recorder (from 1888)
- Claysville-McGuffey Area Recorder (from 1974)
- The McGuffey Recorder (from 1976)
- The Weekly Recorder (from 1977)
- Published In Benwood [Marshall County] ...
- Benwood Enterprise (from 1895)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in West Virginia
About Ohio County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Shannon) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shannon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1581, Longitude: -80.6267 In this case, the coordinates for Shannon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|