When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Morgan Grove.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Morgan Grove. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Morgan Grove.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Eastern West Virginia Rgnl. (MRB/KMRB)
- Hagerstown Rgnl. (HGR/KHGR)
- Washington County Rgnl.
- Washington County Regional Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Morgan Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington County Regional Airport
- Frederick Muni. (ICAO: KFDK)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Winchester Rgnl. (ICAO: KOKV)
- Leesburg Exec. (ICAO: KJYO)
- Montgomery County Airpark (ICAO: KGAI)
- Chambersburg Muni.
- Chambersburg Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Morgan Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chambersburg Municipal Airport
- Franklin County Rgnl. (FAA ID: N68)
- Franklin County Regional Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Morgan Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Franklin County Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in West Virginia
About Jefferson County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Morgan Grove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffersoncountywv.org/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Morgan Grove), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Morgan Grove) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Morgan Grove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4232, Longitude: -77.8203 In this case, the coordinates for Morgan Grove have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).