Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Montrose.
Our newspaper information for Montrose is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Montrose. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Montrose. Our list contains 41 papers that were published within 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> of Montrose.
Newspapers Neighboring Montrose ...
The following newspapers were published within 15 miles [24.1 km] of Montrose.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Montrose.
- Published In Belington [Barbour County] ...
- Belington Courier-Journal (from 1898)
- Belington News (from 1958)
- Belington Progressive (from 1912)
- The Barbour Countian (from 1919)
- The Belington Independent (from 1898)
- The Belington Observer (from 1903)
- The Central Republican (from 1901)
- The Central State News (from 1930)
- Published In Parsons [Tucker County] ...
- Mountain State Patriot (from 1902)
- Parsons Advocate (from 1901)
- Parsons City Advocate (from 1896)
- The Grafton Advertiser (from 1966)
- The Tucker Democrat (from 1894)
- Tucker Democrat And The Davis News (from 1936)
- Tucker Democrat (from 1906)
- Published In Nestorville [Barbour County] ...
- The Nestorville Clipper (from 1912)
- Published In Saint George [Tucker County] ...
- Tucker County Democrat (from 189?)
- Tucker County Pioneer (from 1878)
- Tucker Democrat (from 1880)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Published In Elkins [Randolph County] ...
- Elkins Mail (from 1939)
- Randolph Enterprise-Review (from 1956)
- Randolph Review (from 1913)
- The Daily Inter-Mountain (from 1907)
- The Elkins Inter-Mountain (from 1922)
- The Elkins Inter-Mountain (from 1913)
- The Inter-Mountain (from 1892)
- The Inter-Mountain (from 1970)
- The Presbyterial Gazette (from 1916)
- The Weekly Inter-Mountain (from 1907)
- Tygart Valley News (from 1889)
- Tygart Valley Press (from 1977)
- Published In Philippi [Barbour County] ...
- Barbour Jeffersonian (from 1875)
- Jeffersonian-plaindealer (from 1884)
- The Barbour Democrat (from 1893)
- The Old Flag (from 1861)
- The Philippi Plaindealer (from 1875)
- The Philippi Republican (from 1880)
- The Plaindealer (from 1873)
- The Twice a Week Plaindealer (from 1898)
- The Tygart's Valley Star (from 1889)
- Published In Beverly [Randolph County] ...
- Randolph Enterprise (from 1874)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within West Virginia
About Randolph County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Montrose. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Montrose) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Montrose. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Montrose
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Montrose. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.0674, Longitude: -79.8142 In this case, the coordinates for Montrose have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).