When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Monongah.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Monongah. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Monongah.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 71 miles [114.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Monongah.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Fairmont Muni. (FAA ID: 4G7)
- Fairmont Municipal Airport lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Monongah.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Municipal Airport
- Philippi / Barbour County Rgnl. (FAA ID: 79D)
- Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Monongah.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Monongah.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Upshur County Rgnl. (ICAO: KW22)
- Buckhannon Airport
- Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Monongah.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport
- Marshall Co. Airport (FAA ID: MPG)
- Marshall County Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Monongah.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marshall County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of West Virginia
About Marion County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Monongah. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Marion County: www.marioncountywv.com/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Monongah), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Monongah) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Monongah. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Monongah
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Monongah. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4597, Longitude: -80.2182 In this case, the coordinates for Monongah have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).