When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Hillcrest.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Hillcrest. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Hillcrest.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Port Columbus Intl. (CMH/KCMH)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Airborne Airpark (ILN/KILN)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
- Rickenbacker ANGB Airport (ICAO: KLCK)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 108 miles [173.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Hillcrest.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Wayne Co. Airport (ICAO: KBJJ)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Mid-Ohio Valley Rgnl. (PKB/KPKB)
- Wood Co. Airport
- Wood County Airport lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Hillcrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wood County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a West Virginia Community
About Wood County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hillcrest. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Wood County: www.woodcountywv.com/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hillcrest), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hillcrest) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hillcrest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.2537, Longitude: -81.4887 In this case, the coordinates for Hillcrest have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).