When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Hernshaw.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Hernshaw. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Hernshaw.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Port Columbus Intl. (CMH/KCMH)
- Airborne Airpark (ILN/KILN)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Northern Kentucky Intl. (CVG/KCVG)
- Dayton Intl. (DAY/KDAY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Logan Co. Airport (FAA ID: 6L4)
- Logan County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Hernshaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan County Airport
- Summersville Airport (ICAO: KSXL)
- Kee Fld. (ICAO: KI16)
- Jackson Co. Airport (FAA ID: I18)
- Jackson County Airport lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Hernshaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackson County Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lawrence County Airpark (ICAO: KHTW)
- Mingo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 4I0)
- Mingo County Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Hernshaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mingo County Airport
- Richwood Muni. (FAA ID: 3I4)
- Richwood Municipal Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Hernshaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richwood Municipal Airport
- Gallia-Meigs Rgnl. (FAA ID: GAS)
- Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Hernshaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport
- Mason Co. Airport (ICAO: K3I2)
- Welch Muni. (FAA ID: I25)
- Welch Municipal Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Hernshaw.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welch Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in West Virginia
About Kanawha County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hernshaw. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Kanawha County: www.kanawha.us/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hernshaw), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hernshaw) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hernshaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.2251, Longitude: -81.6023 In this case, the coordinates for Hernshaw have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).