When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Hazelton.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Hazelton. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Hazelton.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 68 miles [109.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Hazelton.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Garrett Co. Airport (ICAO: K2G4)
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Hazelton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Hazelton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Fairmont Muni. (FAA ID: 4G7)
- Fairmont Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Hazelton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Municipal Airport
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Hazelton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Somerset Co. Airport (FAA ID: 2G9)
- Greater Cumberland Rgnl. (ICAO: KCBE)
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for West Virginia
About Preston County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hazelton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hazelton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hazelton) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hazelton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.6537, Longitude: -79.5306 In this case, the coordinates for Hazelton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).