When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Hamlin.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Hamlin. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Hamlin.
Large Airports ...
- Airborne Airpark (ILN/KILN)
- Port Columbus Intl. (CMH/KCMH)
- Northern Kentucky Intl. (CVG/KCVG)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Dayton Intl. (DAY/KDAY)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lawrence County Airpark (ICAO: KHTW)
- Logan Co. Airport (FAA ID: 6L4)
- Logan County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan County Airport
- Gallia-Meigs Rgnl. (FAA ID: GAS)
- Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport
- Ashland Rgnl. (FAA ID: DWU)
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Mingo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 4I0)
- Mingo County Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mingo County Airport
- Mason Co. Airport (ICAO: K3I2)
- Big Sandy Rgnl. (FAA ID: K22)
- Jackson Co. Airport (FAA ID: I18)
- Jackson County Airport lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackson County Airport
- James A Rhodes Airport (FAA ID: I43)
- James A Rhodes Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on James A Rhodes Airport
- Pike Co. Airport (FAA ID: PBX)
- Pike County Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pike County Airport
- Kee Fld. (ICAO: KI16)
- Scioto Co. Airport
- Scioto County Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Hamlin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scioto County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for West Virginia
About Lincoln County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hamlin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wv.us/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hamlin), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hamlin) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hamlin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hamlin
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hamlin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.2786, Longitude: -82.1021