When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Greer.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Greer. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Greer.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 66 miles [106.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Greer.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Fairmont Muni. (FAA ID: 4G7)
- Fairmont Municipal Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Municipal Airport
- Garrett Co. Airport (ICAO: K2G4)
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Philippi / Barbour County Rgnl. (FAA ID: 79D)
- Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Upshur County Rgnl. (ICAO: KW22)
- Buckhannon Airport
- Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within West Virginia
About Monongalia County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Greer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Monongalia County: www.co.monongalia.wv.us/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Greer), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Greer) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Greer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.5720, Longitude: -79.8489 In this case, the coordinates for Greer have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).