When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Grave Creek.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Grave Creek. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Grave Creek.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Grave Creek.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Wayne Co. Airport (ICAO: KBJJ)
- Youngstown - Warren Rgnl. (YNG/KYNG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Marshall Co. Airport (FAA ID: MPG)
- Marshall County Airport lies less than 2 miles<2> miles to the northwest of Grave Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marshall County Airport
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: 4G5)
- Monroe County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Grave Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
- Wheeling - Ohio Co. Airport (HLG/KHLG)
- Barnesville Airport (FAA ID: 6G5)
- Barnesville - Bradfield Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Grave Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnesville - Bradfield Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Harrison Co. Airport (FAA ID: 8G6)
- Harrison County Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Grave Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrison County Airport
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Grave Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Jefferson County Airpark (FAA ID: 2G2)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of West Virginia
About Marshall County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Grave Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Grave Creek), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Grave Creek) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grave Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.8717, Longitude: -80.7231 In this case, the coordinates for Grave Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).