When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Goldtown.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Goldtown. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Goldtown.
Large Airports ...
- Port Columbus Intl. (CMH/KCMH)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Airborne Airpark (ILN/KILN)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Dayton Intl. (DAY/KDAY)
- Northern Kentucky Intl. (CVG/KCVG)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Jackson Co. Airport (FAA ID: I18)
- Jackson County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Goldtown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackson County Airport
- Mason Co. Airport (ICAO: K3I2)
- Gallia-Meigs Rgnl. (FAA ID: GAS)
- Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Goldtown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport
- Lawrence County Airpark (ICAO: KHTW)
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Summersville Airport (ICAO: KSXL)
- Mid-Ohio Valley Rgnl. (PKB/KPKB)
- Wood Co. Airport
- Wood County Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Goldtown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wood County Airport
- Ohio University Airport (ICAO: KUNI)
- Logan Co. Airport (FAA ID: 6L4)
- Logan County Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Goldtown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan County Airport
- Braxton Co. Airport (ICAO: K48I)
- James A Rhodes Airport (FAA ID: I43)
- James A Rhodes Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Goldtown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on James A Rhodes Airport
- Richwood Muni. (FAA ID: 3I4)
- Richwood Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Goldtown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richwood Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for West Virginia
About Jackson County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Goldtown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Goldtown), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Goldtown) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Goldtown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.6118, Longitude: -81.6529 In this case, the coordinates for Goldtown have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).