When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Red River.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Red River. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Red River.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- O'Hare Intl. (ORD/KORD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Ford Airport (ICAO: KIMT)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
- Iron Co. Airport (FAA ID: 50D)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Shawano Muni. (ICAO: KEZS)
- Clintonville Muni. (ICAO: KCLI)
- Central Co. Airport (FAA ID: 68C)
- Central County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Red River.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central County Airport
- Carter Airport (FAA ID: 92C)
- Carter Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Red River.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carter Airport
- Langlade Co. Airport (ICAO: KAIG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Wisconsin
About Shawano County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Red River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Shawano County: www.co.shawano.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Red River), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Red River) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Red River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8250, Longitude: -88.7045 In this case, the coordinates for Red River have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|