When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Peru.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Peru. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Peru.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
- Ford Airport (ICAO: KIMT)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Central Co. Airport (FAA ID: 68C)
- Central County Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Peru.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central County Airport
- Stevens Pt. Muni. (ICAO: KSTE)
- Waupaca Muni. (ICAO: KPCZ)
- Clintonville Muni. (ICAO: KCLI)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Wausau Muni. (AUW/KAUW)
- South Wood Co. Airport
- Alexander Field - South Wood County Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Peru.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alexander Field - South Wood County Airport
- South Wood Co. Airport (ICAO: KISW)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Wisconsin
About Portage County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Peru. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Portage County: www.co.portage.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Peru), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Peru) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Peru. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5700, Longitude: -89.2434 In this case, the coordinates for Peru have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|