Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Lufkin.
Our newspaper information for Lufkin is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Lufkin. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Lufkin. Our list contains 112 papers that were published within 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> of Lufkin.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Lufkin.
Newspapers Neighboring Lufkin ...
The following newspapers were published within 26 miles [41.8 km] of Lufkin.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Lufkin.
- Published In Eau Claire [Eau Claire County] ...
- We know of 42 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Eau Claire. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Eau Claire
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> of Lufkin. This extended list includes all the papers from Eau Claire. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Lufkin
- Published In Altoona [Eau Claire County] ...
- Altoona Tribune (from 1941)
- The Altoona Star (from 2004)
- Published In Mondovi [Buffalo County] ...
- Buffalo County Herald (from 1876)
- The Mondovi Herald And The Buffalo County News (from 1923)
- The Mondovi Herald-News (from 1926)
- The Mondovi Herald (from 1890)
- Published In Eleva [Trempealeau County] ...
- The Eleva Gazette (from 1921)
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- Published In Chippewa Falls [Chippewa County] ...
- Chippewa County Independent (from 1881)
- Chippewa Current (from 1894)
- The first year of publication was in 1894, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 17614394
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Chippewa Current
- Holdings for: LCCN SN88086101
- Chippewa Daily Press (from 1919)
- Chippewa Falls Democrat (from 1869)
- Chippewa Falls Workman (from 1886)
- Chippewa Herald-Telegram (from 1926)
- Chippewa Herald (from 1870)
- Chippewa Telegram (from 1924)
- Chippewa Times (from 1875)
- Chippewa Union And Times (from 1866)
- Chippewa Valley Independent (from 1888)
- The Catholic Sentinel (from 1889)
- The Chippewa Daily Gazette (from 1921)
- The Chippewa Herald (from 1894)
- The Chippewa Journal-Tribune (from 1912)
- The Chippewa Observer (from 1896)
- The Chippewa Times And Independent (from 1889)
- The Chippewa Times (from 1892)
- The Daily Independent (from 1887)
- The Evening Independent (from 1916)
- The People's Paper (from 1894)
- The Weekly Herald (from 1894)
- Wisconsin Daily Press (from 1920)
- Published In Fall Creek [Eau Claire County] ...
- Eau Claire County Journal (from 1914)
- Fall Creek Tribune (from 1953)
- The Fall Creek Cultivator (from 1910)
- The Fall Creek Journal (from 1916)
- The Fall Creek Times (from 1931)
- Published In Colfax [Dunn County] ...
- The Colfax Messenger (from 1897)
- Published In Menomonie [Dunn County] ...
- Der Nordwesten (from 1888)
- The first year of publication was in 1888, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 14585069
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Der Nordwesten
- Holdings for: LCCN SN86086755
- Dunn County Lumberman (from 1860)
- Menomonie Nordstern (from 1887)
- Nord Stern (from 1898)
- Nord=Stern (from 1901)
- The Dunn County News (from 1866)
- The Dunn County Pictorial Messenger (from 1938)
- The Menomonie Badger (from 1903)
- The Menomonie Times (from 1876)
- The Wisconsin Signal (from 1891)
- Published In Strum [Trempealeau County] ...
- Central Review (from 197?)
- Published In Durand [Pepin County] ...
- Durand Weekly Times (from 1871)
- Pepin County Courier (from 1877)
- Pepin County News And Pepin Star (from 1904)
- The Courier-Wedge (from 1918)
- The Durand Times (from 18??)
- The Entering Wedge And The Pepin County Courier (from 1918)
- The Entering Wedge (from 1893)
- The Home Mirror (from 1861)
- The Pepin County News (from 1906)
- Published In Osseo [Trempealeau County] ...
- The Osseo News (from 1912)
- The Tri-County News (from 1933)
- Published In Augusta [Eau Claire County] ...
- The Augusta Eagle Times (from 1927)
- The Augusta Eagle (from 1915)
- The Augusta Eagle (from 1874)
- The Augusta Herald (from 1869)
- The Eagle (from 1899)
- Published In Bloomer [Chippewa County] ...
- Bloomer Workman (from 1880)
- The Bloomer Advance (from 1886)
- The Bloomer Free Press (from 1923)
- Published In Cadott [Chippewa County] ...
- The Cadott Blade (from 1890)
- The Cadott Sentinel (from 1914)
- Published In Elmwood [Pierce County] ...
- The Elmwood Argus (from 1921)
- Published In Knapp [Dunn County] ...
- The Knapp News (from 1902)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wisconsin Community
About Eau Claire County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Lufkin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Eau Claire County: www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lufkin) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lufkin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lufkin
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lufkin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7511, Longitude: -91.6106