When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Ludington.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Ludington. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Ludington.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- La Crosse Muni. (LSE/KLSE)
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Chippewa Valley Rgnl. (EAU/KEAU)
- Cornell Muni. (FAA ID: 2H3)
- Cornell Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north of Ludington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornell Municipal Airport
- Bloomer Muni.
- Bloomer Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Ludington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomer Municipal Airport
- Neillsville Muni. (FAA ID: VIQ)
- Neillsville Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Ludington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neillsville Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Menomonie Muni. (ICAO: KLUM)
- Chetek Muni. Airport (FAA ID: Y23)
- Black River Falls Area Airport (FAA ID: BCK)
- Black River Falls Area Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Ludington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Black River Falls Area Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wisconsin
About Eau Claire County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ludington. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Eau Claire County: www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ludington), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ludington) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ludington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8291, Longitude: -91.1274 In this case, the coordinates for Ludington have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).