When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Luck.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Luck. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Luck.
Large Airports ...
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Duluth Intl. (DLH/KDLH)
- Brainerd Lakes Rgnl. (BRD/KBRD)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Burnett Co. Airport (ICAO: KRZN)
- Grantsburg Muni. (ICAO: KGTG)
- L. O. Simenstad Muni. (ICAO: KOEO)
- Osceola Muni. Airfield
- Osceola Municipal Airfield lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Luck.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osceola Municipal Airfield
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Amery Muni. (FAA ID: AHH)
- Amery Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Luck.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amery Municipal Airport
- Cumberland Muni. (FAA ID: UBE)
- Cumberland Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Luck.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cumberland Municipal Airport
- Rush City Rgnl. (ICAO: KROS)
- Shell Lake Muni. (FAA ID: SSQ)
- Shell Lake Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Luck.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Lake Municipal Airport
- Pine City Muni.
- Pine City Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Luck.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine City Municipal Airport
- New Richmond Rgnl. (ICAO: KRNH)
- Barron Muni. (FAA ID: 9Y7)
- Barron Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Luck.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barron Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wisconsin
About Polk County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Luck. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Polk County: www.co.polk.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Luck), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Luck) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Luck. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Luck
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luck. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5977, Longitude: -92.4746 In this case, the coordinates for Luck have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).