When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Loyd.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Loyd. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Loyd.
Large Airports ...
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- La Crosse Muni. (LSE/KLSE)
- Dubuque Rgnl. (DBQ/KDBQ)
- Southern Wisconsin Rgnl. (ICAO: KJVL)
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Richland Airport (FAA ID: 93C)
- Richland Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richland Airport
- Tri-County Rgnl. (ICAO: KLNR)
- Reedsburg Muni. (FAA ID: C35)
- Reedsburg Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reedsburg Municipal Airport
- Three Castles Airpark (FAA ID: 4D1)
- Three Castles Airpark lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Castles Airpark
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Elroy Muni. (FAA ID: 60C)
- Elroy Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the north of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elroy Municipal Airport
- Wisconsin Dells Airport (ICAO: KDLL)
- Sauk - Prairie Airport (FAA ID: 91C)
- Sauk - Prairie Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sauk - Prairie Airport
- Boscobel Airport (ICAO: KOVS)
- Dodgeville Muni.
- Dodgeville Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the south of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dodgeville Municipal Airport
- New Lisbon Union Airport (FAA ID: 82C)
- Mauston - New Lisbon Union Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Loyd.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mauston - New Lisbon Union Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wisconsin
About Richland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Loyd. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Richland County: www.co.richland.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Loyd), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Loyd) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Loyd. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4230, Longitude: -90.2429 In this case, the coordinates for Loyd have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).