When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lowell.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lowell. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lowell.
Large Airports ...
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Southern Wisconsin Rgnl. (ICAO: KJVL)
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
- Chicago Exec. (PWK/KPWK)
- Dubuque Rgnl. (DBQ/KDBQ)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Dodge Co. Airport (ICAO: KUNU)
- Watertown Muni. (ICAO: KRYV)
- Hartford Muni. (FAA ID: HXF)
- Hartford Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Lowell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartford Municipal Airport
- Blackhawk Airfield (FAA ID: 87Y)
- Blackhawk Airfield lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Lowell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackhawk Airfield
- Fort Atkinson Muni. (FAA ID: 61C)
- Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Lowell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wisconsin Community
About Dodge County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lowell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Dodge County: www.co.dodge.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lowell), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lowell) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lowell. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lowell
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lowell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.3297, Longitude: -88.8390 In this case, the coordinates for Lowell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).