When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Lost Lake.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Lost Lake. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Lost Lake.
Large Airports ...
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Southern Wisconsin Rgnl. (ICAO: KJVL)
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
- Chicago Exec. (PWK/KPWK)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Dodge Co. Airport (ICAO: KUNU)
- Watertown Muni. (ICAO: KRYV)
- Portage Muni. (FAA ID: C47)
- Portage Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Portage Municipal Airport
- Blackhawk Airfield (FAA ID: 87Y)
- Blackhawk Airfield lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackhawk Airfield
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Waunakee Airport (FAA ID: 6P3)
- Waunakee Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waunakee Airport
- Hartford Muni. (FAA ID: HXF)
- Hartford Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartford Municipal Airport
- Fond du Lac Co. Airport (ICAO: KFLD)
- Fort Atkinson Muni. (FAA ID: 61C)
- Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport
- Middleton Muni. (FAA ID: C29)
- Middleton Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Middleton Municipal Airport
- Wisconsin Dells Airport (ICAO: KDLL)
- Sauk - Prairie Airport (FAA ID: 91C)
- Sauk - Prairie Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Lost Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sauk - Prairie Airport
- Wautoma Muni. (ICAO: KY50)
- West Bend Muni. (ICAO: KETB)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wisconsin Community
About Dodge County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lost Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Dodge County: www.co.dodge.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lost Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lost Lake) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lost Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4589, Longitude: -88.9890 In this case, the coordinates for Lost Lake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).