When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Long Lake.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Long Lake. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Long Lake.
Large Airports ...
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Duluth Intl. (DLH/KDLH)
- Gogebic - Iron Co. Airport (IWD/KIWD)
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Shell Lake Muni. (FAA ID: SSQ)
- Shell Lake Municipal Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Long Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Lake Municipal Airport
- Rice Lake Muni.
- Rice Lake Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Long Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rice Lake Municipal Airport
- Cumberland Muni. (FAA ID: UBE)
- Cumberland Municipal Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Long Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cumberland Municipal Airport
- Rice Lake Rgnl. (ICAO: KRPD)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Barron Muni. (FAA ID: 9Y7)
- Barron Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Long Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barron Municipal Airport
- Chetek Muni. Airport (FAA ID: Y23)
- Hayward Muni.
- Hayward Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Long Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayward Municipal Airport
- Sawyer Co. Airport (ICAO: KHYR)
- Burnett Co. Airport (ICAO: KRZN)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Wisconsin
About Washburn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Long Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Washburn County: www.co.washburn.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Long Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Long Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Long Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Long Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Long Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6858, Longitude: -91.7227 In this case, the coordinates for Long Lake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).