When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Little Rice.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Little Rice. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Little Rice.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
- Gogebic - Iron Co. Airport (IWD/KIWD)
- Iron Co. Airport (FAA ID: 50D)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Tomahawk Rgnl. (ICAO: KTKV)
- Lakeland Airport (ARV/KARV)
- Price Co. Airport (ICAO: KPBH)
- Merrill Muni. (ICAO: KRRL)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Manitowish Waters Airport (FAA ID: D25)
- Manitowish Waters Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Little Rice.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manitowish Waters Airport
- Park Falls Muni. (ICAO: KPKF)
- Boulder Junction Airport (FAA ID: BDJ)
- Boulder Junction Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Little Rice.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boulder Junction Airport
- Three Lakes Muni. (FAA ID: 40D)
- Three Lakes Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Little Rice.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Lakes Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wisconsin
About Oneida County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Little Rice. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Oneida County: www.co.oneida.wi.gov/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Little Rice), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Little Rice) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Little Rice. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Little Rice
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Little Rice. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6388, Longitude: -89.8565 In this case, the coordinates for Little Rice have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).