When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Little Grant.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Little Grant. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Little Grant.
Large Airports ...
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- O'Hare Intl. (ORD/KORD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Dubuque Rgnl. (DBQ/KDBQ)
- La Crosse Muni. (LSE/KLSE)
- Waterloo Rgnl. (ALO/KALO)
- The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID/KCID)
- Southern Wisconsin Rgnl. (ICAO: KJVL)
- Quad City Intl. (MLI/KMLI)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lancaster Muni. (FAA ID: 73C)
- Lancaster Municipal Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Little Grant.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lancaster Municipal Airport
- Cassville Muni. (FAA ID: C74)
- Cassville Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Little Grant.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cassville Municipal Airport
- Prairie Du Chien Muni. (ICAO: KPDC)
- Boscobel Airport (ICAO: KOVS)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Grant Co. Airport
- Grant County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Little Grant.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grant County Airport
- Platteville Muni. (ICAO: KPVB)
- Monona Muni. (FAA ID: 7C3)
- Monona Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Little Grant.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monona Municipal Airport
- Elkader Muni. (FAA ID: I27)
- Elkader Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Little Grant.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkader Municipal Airport
- Iowa Co. Airport (ICAO: KMRJ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wisconsin
About Grant County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Little Grant. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Grant County: www.grantcounty.org/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Little Grant), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Little Grant) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Little Grant. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Little Grant
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Little Grant. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.9000, Longitude: -90.8401 In this case, the coordinates for Little Grant have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).