When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Little Black.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Little Black. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Little Black.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
- La Crosse Muni. (LSE/KLSE)
- Gogebic - Iron Co. Airport (IWD/KIWD)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
- Iron Co. Airport (FAA ID: 50D)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Taylor Co. Airport (ICAO: KMDZ)
- Merrill Muni. (ICAO: KRRL)
- Marshfield Muni. (ICAO: KMFI)
- Tomahawk Rgnl. (ICAO: KTKV)
- Continue List (11 more) ...
- Wausau Muni. (AUW/KAUW)
- Neillsville Muni. (FAA ID: VIQ)
- Neillsville Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neillsville Municipal Airport
- Cornell Muni. (FAA ID: 2H3)
- Cornell Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornell Municipal Airport
- Price Co. Airport (ICAO: KPBH)
- Rusk Co. Airport (ICAO: KRCX)
- Bloomer Muni.
- Bloomer Municipal Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomer Municipal Airport
- Stevens Pt. Muni. (ICAO: KSTE)
- South Wood Co. Airport (ICAO: KISW)
- Chippewa Valley Rgnl. (EAU/KEAU)
- Park Falls Muni. (ICAO: KPKF)
- Langlade Co. Airport (ICAO: KAIG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wisconsin
About Taylor County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Little Black. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Taylor County: www.taylor-county.com/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Little Black), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Little Black) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Little Black. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1061, Longitude: -90.3296 In this case, the coordinates for Little Black have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).