When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Little Black.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Little Black. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Little Black.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
- La Crosse Muni. (LSE/KLSE)
- Gogebic - Iron Co. Airport (IWD/KIWD)
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Taylor Co. Airport (ICAO: KMDZ)
- Marshfield Muni. (ICAO: KMFI)
- Merrill Muni. (ICAO: KRRL)
- Cornell Muni. (FAA ID: 2H3)
- Cornell Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the west of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornell Municipal Airport
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Neillsville Muni. (FAA ID: VIQ)
- Neillsville Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neillsville Municipal Airport
- Wausau Muni. (AUW/KAUW)
- Tomahawk Rgnl. (ICAO: KTKV)
- Rusk Co. Airport (ICAO: KRCX)
- Price Co. Airport (ICAO: KPBH)
- Bloomer Muni.
- Bloomer Municipal Airport lies 52 miles [83.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomer Municipal Airport
- Chippewa Valley Rgnl. (EAU/KEAU)
- South Wood Co. Airport
- Alexander Field - South Wood County Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Little Black.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alexander Field - South Wood County Airport
- South Wood Co. Airport (ICAO: KISW)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Wisconsin
About Taylor County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Little Black. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Taylor County: www.taylor-county.com/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Little Black), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Little Black) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Little Black. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Little Black
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Little Black. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0775, Longitude: -90.3782 In this case, the coordinates for Little Black have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).