Around Queets ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Ocean Shores. It is located about 39 miles [62 km] to the south of Queets. Ocean Shores has a population of 6,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Forks.
It is located about 28 miles [ km] to the north of Queets and has a population of 3,900 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Amanda Park [Grays Harbor County]
- Axford [Grays Harbor County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Axford
- Axford [Grays Harbor County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Queets
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Axford
- Clearwater [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clearwater
- Clearwater [Jefferson County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Queets
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clearwater
- Copalis Beach [Grays Harbor County]
- Copalis Crossing [Grays Harbor County]
- Forks [Clallam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forks
- Forks [Clallam County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the north of Queets
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,914 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Forks<3>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Humptulips [Grays Harbor County]
- La Push [Clallam County]
- Moclips [Grays Harbor County]
- Neilton [Grays Harbor County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neilton
- Neilton [Grays Harbor County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Queets
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Neilton have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neilton
- Ocean City [Grays Harbor County]
- Oil City [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oil City
- Oil City [Jefferson County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Queets
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oil City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oil City
- Pacific Beach [Grays Harbor County]
- Quinault [Grays Harbor County]
- Taholah [Grays Harbor County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taholah
- Taholah [Grays Harbor County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Queets
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taholah
For more communities neighboring Queets, please visit our County-by-County Page for Queets.
Jefferson County ...
Queets is located in Jefferson County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Jefferson County: Clallam, Grays Harbor, Island, Kitsap & Mason. The western boundary of the county is on the Pacific Ocean and on the east is Pudget Sound.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Queets ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Queets.
Airports Near Queets ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Queets and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Queets.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Washington:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Washington
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Queets. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.co.jefferson.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Queets.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Queets) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Queets. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.5395, Longitude: -124.3324 In this case, the coordinates for Queets have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Jefferson, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Queets), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|