Census Data for Pysht ...
So far, we have found very little information about Pysht. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Pysht to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pysht, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Pysht has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Pysht, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Forks [Clallam County]
- Gordon River 2
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gordon River 2
- Gordon River 2 lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Pysht
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gordon River 2 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gordon River 2
- Port Angeles [Clallam County]
- View Royal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for View Royal
- View Royal lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Pysht
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for View Royal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on View Royal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for View Royal<3>
- Continue List (49 more) ...
- Oak Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Bay
- Oak Bay lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Pysht
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oak Bay<3>
Clallam County ...
Pysht is located in Clallam County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Clallam County.
Miscellaneous Information for Pysht ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Clallam County or the community of Pysht:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Pysht:
- GNIS ID for Pysht: 1524729
- GNIS ID for Clallam County: 1531341
- GNIS ID for State of Washington: 1779804
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Pysht would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Pysht.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Washington
About Clallam County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Clallam County: www.clallam.net/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Pysht, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pysht) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pysht. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.1984, Longitude: -124.1163 In this case, the coordinates for Pysht have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Clallam, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|