Around Pollard ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Colville. It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the east of Pollard. Colville has a population of 4,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Grand Forks (BC).
It is located about 24 miles [ km] to the north of Pollard and has a population of 4,000 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Pollard.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anaconda
- Anaconda lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Pollard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anaconda
- Boundary Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boundary Falls
- Boundary Falls lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the north of Pollard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boundary Falls
- Grand Forks
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Forks
- Grand Forks lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Pollard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grand Forks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Forks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Grand Forks<4>
- Kettle Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kettle Valley
- Kettle Valley lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Pollard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kettle Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kettle Valley
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Niagara
- Niagara lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Pollard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Niagara
- Rock Creek
- Barstow [Ferry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barstow
- Barstow [Ferry County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Pollard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barstow
- Curlew [Ferry County]
- Danville [Ferry County]
- Laurier [Ferry County]
- Malo [Ferry County]
- Orient [Ferry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orient
- Orient [Ferry County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Pollard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orient
- Republic [Ferry County]
For more communities neighboring Pollard, please visit our County-by-County Page for Pollard.
Ferry County ...
Pollard is located in Ferry County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Ferry County: Lincoln, Okanogan & Stevens. The Canadian Province of British Columbia lies to the north.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Pollard ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Pollard.
Airports Near Pollard ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Pollard and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Pollard.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Washington:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Washington
About Ferry County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pollard. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Pollard.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pollard) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pollard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7279, Longitude: -118.6667 In this case, the coordinates for Pollard have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Ferry, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pollard), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|