Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Ozette, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Ozette and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Ozette:
- 48.153654, -124.668676
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Ozette
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Clallam County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Clallam County
- Since Ozette is near Jefferson County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Jefferson County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Ozette ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver [Clallam County]
- Forks [Clallam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forks
- Forks [Clallam County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Ozette
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,914 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Forks<2>
- Oil City [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oil City
- Oil City [Jefferson County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Ozette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oil City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oil City
- Old Royal [Clallam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Old Royal
- Old Royal [Clallam County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the east of Ozette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Old Royal have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Royal
How Far From Ozette to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Ozette to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Ozette and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Port Angeles, which is the Seat of Clallam County and lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<1> to the east. If you could walk a straight line from Ozette to Port Angeles, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- Olympia, which is the State Capital of Washington, lies 112 miles [180.2 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,427 miles [3,905.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 95 days and walking would take 138 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,771 miles [10,896.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,529 miles [12,116.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,684 miles [9,147.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Washington
About Clallam County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ozette. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Clallam County: www.clallam.net/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ozette) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ozette. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OzetteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ozette. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.1537, Longitude: -124.6687 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Ozette to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 342.842 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 344.736 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 329.268 degrees.||