Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Oysterville, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Oysterville and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Oysterville:
- 46.54766, -124.028748
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Oysterville
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Oysterville ...
We have found one communities that share the name Oysterville.
Within Washington, the name Oysterville is unique.
Beyond Washington, there is another community also named Oysterville in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Lincoln County
- This Oysterville is located in Lincoln County and lies 136 miles [218.9 km]<1> to the south of the Oysterville that is located in Pacific County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oysterville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Lincoln County community of Oysterville.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Oysterville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Breakers [Pacific County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Breakers
- Breakers [Pacific County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Oysterville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Breakers
- Heather [Pacific County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heather
- Heather [Pacific County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Oysterville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heather have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heather
- Long Beach [Pacific County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Beach
- Long Beach [Pacific County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the south of Oysterville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,520 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Long Beach<3>
- Ocean Park [Pacific County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Oceanside [Pacific County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oceanside
- Oceanside [Pacific County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Oysterville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oceanside have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oceanside
- Oceanview [Pacific County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oceanview
- Oceanview [Pacific County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Oysterville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oceanview have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oceanview
- Seahaven [Pacific County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seahaven
- Seahaven [Pacific County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Oysterville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seahaven have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Seaport [Pacific County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seaport
- Seaport [Pacific County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Oysterville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seaport have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Seaview [Pacific County]
- Tokeland [Pacific County]
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Oysterville. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Harold V. Milligan (Composer, author)
- Composer, author. He was born in Astoria (OR) on October 31, 1883 (a Wednesday) and died in New York (NY) on April 12, 1951 (a Thursday) at the age of 67. He is buried at Kensico Cemetery (Westchester County, New York).
- Astoria is located 26 miles [41.8 km] to the south of Oysterville.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Harold V. Milligan<4>
How Far From Oysterville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Oysterville to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Oysterville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- South Bend, which is the Seat of Pacific County and lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Oysterville to South Bend, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take four to five hours.
- Olympia, which is the State Capital of Washington, lies 63 miles [101.4 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take about three full days and walking would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,404 miles [3,868.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 94 days and walking would take 137 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,868 miles [11,053 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,628 miles [12,276.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,763 miles [9,274.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Washington
About Pacific County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oysterville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pacific County: www.co.pacific.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Oysterville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oysterville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OystervilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oysterville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5477, Longitude: -124.0287 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Oysterville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 342.233 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 343.959 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 328.946 degrees.||