Census Data for Ostrander ...
As far as we can tell, Ostrander has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Ostrander, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Kelso [Cowlitz County]
- Longview [Cowlitz County]
- Castle Rock [Cowlitz County]
- Rainier [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainier
- Rainier [Columbia County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Ostrander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rainier have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainier
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rainier<2>
- Prescott [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prescott
- Prescott [Columbia County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Ostrander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prescott have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prescott
- Kalama [Cowlitz County]
- Vader [Lewis County]
- Clatskanie [Columbia County]
- Continue List (168 more) ...
- Toledo [Lewis County]
- Winlock [Lewis County]
- Woodland [Cowlitz County]
- Columbia City [Columbia County]
- Saint Helens [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Helens
- Saint Helens [Columbia County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Ostrander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Helens have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Helens
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Helens<2>
- Cathlamet [Wahkiakum County]
- La Center [Clark County]
Cowlitz County ...
Ostrander is located in Cowlitz County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Cowlitz County.
Miscellaneous Information for Ostrander ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Cowlitz County or the community of Ostrander:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Ostrander:
- GNIS ID for Ostrander: 1512540
- GNIS ID for Cowlitz County: 1529156
- GNIS ID for State of Washington: 1779804
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Ostrander is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Ostrander.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Washington
About Cowlitz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ostrander. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cowlitz County: www.co.cowlitz.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ostrander) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ostrander. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OstranderOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ostrander. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1925, Longitude: -122.8924 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Cowlitz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|