Welcome to Mason City ...
So far, we have found very little information about Mason City. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Mason City to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mason City, please Contact Us.
Mason City would have been located within present day Okanogan County<2>.
The location of Mason City has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Mason City is 1,290 feet [393 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Mason City was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Mason City still existed, it would have been in the (509) area code.
Communities Also Named Mason City ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Mason City - they are located in Alabama, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mason City.
Communities near Mason City ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mason City.
- Electric City [Grant County]
- Wilbur [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilbur
- Wilbur [Lincoln County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southeast of Mason City
- Population from the 2020 Census: 864 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilbur
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wilbur<6>
- Almira [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Almira
- Almira [Lincoln County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the south of Mason City
- Population from the 2020 Census: 280 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Almira
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Almira<6>
- Elmer City [Okanogan County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Nespelem [Okanogan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nespelem
- Nespelem [Okanogan County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the north of Mason City
- Population from the 2020 Census: 245 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nespelem have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nespelem
- Hartline [Grant County]
- Osborne Corner [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Osborne Corner
- Osborne Corner [Douglas County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Mason City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osborne Corner
- Keller [Ferry County]
- Mold [Douglas County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mold
- Mold [Douglas County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Mason City
- Creston [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Creston
- Creston [Lincoln County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the southeast of Mason City
- Population from the 2020 Census: 232 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Creston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Creston<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Mason City. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Mason City.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Mason City. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Mason City.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Mason City. See our Newspapers Page for Mason City.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Washington
About Okanogan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Okanogan County: www.okanogancounty.org/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Mason City, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Okanogan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Mason City - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mason City) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mason City. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mason CityOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mason City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.9513, Longitude: -118.9678 In this case, the coordinates for Mason City have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|